Saturday, August 9, 2008

Project Profile: "Shaped Triangle"

My current work in progress (WIP) is a shawl from the book A Gathering of Lace. The name of the pattern is “Shaped Triangle” and it was written by Katie Nagorney and Ann Swanson. The reason I picked this shawl is because the pattern looked easy enough and I wanted a triangle shaped shawl because I’ve been seeing people wearing them lately and really liked the way they look.




This is made with some of the yarn that I bought when I was in Gatlinburg, Tennessee last month. The store is called Smokey Mountain Spinnery. I sort of lost the ball band and can’t remember much about it. It’s a very light weight yarn, that I initially bought to make socks, but then I really looked at it and decided I wanted to make something else with this yarn. I love socks, but I just didn’t see this particular skein of yarn turning into socks.
One thing I like about this pattern is that every other row is just purl stitches across. The pattern for this shawl is easy to memorize. After the initial 11 rows, the pattern repeats with two rows on the right side of the shawl and purl stitches on the wrong side. (The right side is the side that will be worn on the outside and the wrong side is the other side, usually worn toward you.) It repeats for a while, and then the pattern changes, leaving a more elaborate pattern toward the end of the shawl.

No comments: