Thursday, June 12, 2008

Congrats to Patrick and Molly and Random Thoughts

I would like to congratulate Patrick and Molly on getting into the Charity School of Nursing. I'm very proud of both of you. Keep up the good work! I can't wait until ya'll are Nurses.

Some questions about Casting On have come up. The reason we cast on is to get stitches on the needles. Most patterns will tell you a number of stitches to cast on. The cast on edge is typically the width of the project.

Another question was “How do you get the stitches off of the needles?” Initially, I said, you leave them on, but I think I was thinking about the question the wrong way. You leave the stitches on the needles until you start the next row. When you start on the knit row, which a tutorial should be coming in a few days, that’s the point where the stitches on the cast on row get dropped off of the needles and the new stitches that you are knitting take their place.

I would like to thank the person who asked this, and please, if you have a question about something not making sense or just a general wondering about something, feel free to contact me. If I don't know the answer, I'll try to find it.

I would also like to thank all of you who are reading this. I hope you are getting something out of this, and I have a some other things planned for the blog. Look for more tutorials, more pictures of finished projects, maybe even restaurant, book and other reviews.

Sorry there aren't any pictures today.

Thanks,
Kelly

No comments: