Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ravelry

Ravelry is a website for Knitters and Crocheters to keep track of their yarn, projects, and various other information related to their crafts. It is still in the Beta version, which means that they are still getting everything ready. If you would like to sign up for a Ravelry account, just go to the Ravelry Site and put yourself on the waiting list. I think it's just taking a day or two to join now, when I signed up, it took a couple of months to get an account. When they go public (not sure when that will be) anyone will be able to go to the website and look at all of the information stored there. The thing I really like about this site is that if I see a pattern I like, I can look it up and see how other knitters/crocheters liked the pattern, what kind of yarn they used and how it looks on different people. I like looking to see which colors they chose and to see if they ran into any problems or if they made any modifications. There are also groups that people can sign up for to connect with other knitters who share other interests too. If you want to look me up on ravelry, just do a search for KnittingKel.

No comments: