Monday, July 7, 2008

Last week and this week.

I thoroughly enjoyed my three day weekend. Thursday night we went to Spudly's Restaurant and saw the new Disney Movie WALL-E. We went to two Barbeque's on Independence Day. The rest of the weekend was spent cleaning the house. I'm feeling a lot better than I was last week. Which makes me really really happy!

This week I have some things planned for ya'll.
Tomorrow I have a discussion of knitting needles. The basics of what you should know when you are in the market for knitting needles.
Thursday will be a tutorial on how to do the yarn over, which is useful for increasing the number of stitches on a row and also very useful for lace knitting.
Friday is a Project Profile on a parrot I knitted. His name is El Gazaro. I will also talk about the book, World of Knitted Toys by Kath Dalmeny. This is the book that the pattern for the parrot came from.

I hope all of you have a great week. Here's a brief list of some upcoming events.
MidCity Art Market: July 26 and August 28th from 10am or 4pm at Palmer Park.
Morgan City Shrimp and Petroleum Festival August 28 through September 1 (Labor Day Weekend)
Bayou City Art Festival Downtown in Houston from October 18-19.

St. Pius X in New Orleans by the Lakefront is presenting the play "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat." The plays are July 18, 19, 24, 25 and 26 at 8pm. And a mantinee on July 20 at 2pm. I've been to a few of their plays and they are always very well done. If you are in the area and have some free time, you may want to check it out. It takes place at St. Piux X Gym which is at 6666 Spanish Fort Blvd. New Orleans, La.

The Movie WALL-E was cute. It was a little eerie because the first part of the movie doesn't have any talking. I think this isn't really a good movie for those with short attention spans. It has a couple of great messages, one is pretty much about what will happen if we don't Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. Another message of the movie is the importance of doing things for yourself and exercising.

Spudly's is a restaurant that specializes in Baked Potatoes. It is located at 2609 Harvard Ave. in Metairie. They cook the potatoes very well and top them with just about anything you could want in your potato. I had a potato topped with the traditional topping, and Patrick had one with seafood in it. Patrick's parents went with us and his mom had the traditional one like me and his dad had a shrimp topped potato. The menu has things other than potatoes too. One thing that I'm not sure if it was just a bad night for it, or if they are always like this is that the fried mushroom appetizer wasn't very good. We were really surprised that they could batter mushrooms that small. Other than that the restaurant and the food was very good. One other thing about the restaurant, it doesn't have the ambiance of some other restaurants, but I think the food more than makes up for the lack of atmosphere.

No comments: