Saturday, May 31, 2008

Motorcycles

Today Patrick and I drove about an hour away to Houma to buy Patrick a Motorcycle. It's a beautiful bright red Suzuki. I like to look at it, but I'm not sure if I will be riding on it anytime soon. He's just the kind of person who is comfortable with bikes and the whole concept of motorcycles. I, on the other hand, am the kind of person who gets scared riding her bicycle, and believe me, my bicycle goes a heck of a lot slower than any motorcycle. Did I mention we are opposites on a lot of things? Well we are. For our honeymoon, we went to Orlando Florida because I love Disney World. On the first day we were there we went to Islands of Adventure, and I didn't think I was going to be able to walk away from the twin dragons ride. I screamed the entire time and since I'm not all that into riding on rollercoasters, I forgot about the don't look down part and looking down made me so frightened that I closed my eyes for the remaining part of the ride. I was a little shaken the rest of the day to say the least. A lot of the things that I have no desire to do because I'm scared really don't seem to bother him. Another ride in Islands of Adventure that I didn't know was scary until we were going down a water fall is Jurassic Park. It didn't make it any less scary, just a heck of a suprise. He's the kind of person who could talk just about anyone into anything, which is actually a good thing. If I was with a guy who didn't challenge me and make me do the things that I dread, I would miss out on a lot of experiences that at least make for good stories.


During the car ride back home from Houma today, I started on some baby booties. My cousin's baby has really little legs and his socks keep falling off, so I was thinking that making booties might be a good way to keep his feet warm. I actually found some that I like, they look like little shoes, complete with little shoe laces made of ribbon. The little leaflet I picked up today has another really cute pattern for these little girly booties. Those might be on the needles next after the boy Booties. I'm making them with some cotton that I also bought at Hobby Lobby. I know a lot of knitters look down upon places like Hobby Lobby and Michael's, but I really do like going to those stores. There are just so many possibilities in a store that big dedicated to arts and crafts. There are so many places to find inspiration. Even if I wonder to the scrapbook sections or the jewelry isles, I get ideas for things I might want to design later. I even found the cutest knitting charm. I think I'm going to put it on a book mark.




I'll keep ya'll posted about Patrick's adventures on the Motorcycle and my progress with the booties.

No comments: