Top 10 ways to tell if you are addicted to yarn:
10. Your yarn stash takes up more room in your house than your bed.
9. You go to a yarn shop one weekend, buy sock yarn, then the next weekend, when you are at another yarn shop, you see sock yarn ½ price and have to buy it, even though you have lots of sock yarn at home.
8. Even though your yarn stash takes up a very large amount of space in your home, you still have the need to take any yarn that is offered to you.
7. You have this fantasy that involves owning a yarn shop, or developing a line of yarn.
6. You secretly wish you could move to the country, buy a few acres of land and raise any animals whose fur/wool/hair can be made into yarn. Alpacas, Llamas, and Merino sheep are on the top of my list for this.
5. You wish they would sell yarn in your grocery store, it seems like they sell everything else.
4. Whenever you buy new skeins/hanks/balls of yarn, you have to tell your significant other to sit before you tell him/her how much you spent, or how many new skeins/hanks/balls of yarn he/she is the new owner of, because you share everything, right?
3. You knit a sweater for someone who is much smaller than you, but when you try to give it to them, its almost impossible. Not because you need this sweater, but because you wonder if this person will really understand how amazing this Alpaca yarn is.
2. You take up spinning so that you can make more yarn.
1. You carry yarn around with you at all times. Never know when you will get stranded somewhere and need something to do.
Check out the follow up to this: A twelve step program for dealing with yarn addiction.